Frontier markets are where the real action is, according to Marko Dimitrijević, founder and chief investment officer of Everest Capital.
For him, investors ignore the attractions of frontier markets at their peril. Taken as a whole, frontier market economies account for 15.5% of GDP in 2012 in purchasing power parity-adjusted terms. This compares favourably with Europe (13.4%), the US (18.9%) and China (14.9%).
Dimitrijević set up Everest as an opportunistic manager with an emphasis on emerging
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- Banks grapple with social media risk