The world of CTA/managed futures almost never had Leda Braga. After obtaining a doctorate in engineering from Imperial College, London, she worked as a lecturer and led research projects there for over three years.
Love and fate intervened. Braga met her husband at Imperial where he was a couple of years ahead of her. After graduating, he became an options trader and urged her to move into banking where a new area was being developed: derivatives.
Braga then applied to join JP Morgan and landed
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence