It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen while the latter lies in the depth where few are willing to search for it.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
Truth is an elusive, philosophical concept. Like facts it can be bent and twisted, moulded to fit arguments, circumstances and long-term schemes.
Since the financial crisis, truth seems to have been thrown out the window. Quite rightly hedge funds can feel somewhat persecuted,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules