Responsible activist investment may sound like an oxymoron, particularly in continental Europe where this type of investor is generally seen as a vulture keen to strip assets and move on. Governance for Owners (GO) is trying to change that image.
Established in 2005, its remit is to add value by acting as a catalyst for corporate change. The GO team believes being a shareholder comes with responsibility and that it is in a position to add value to the enterprise.
The first GO European Focus Fund,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines