The hedge funds industry is growing rapidly and is likely to continue doing so into 2004, according to industry players, but its expansion will bring new pressures to bear on strategies and managers.
Institutional investment has been the strongest trend in the industry, promising to bring huge inflows in 2003 as previously sceptical investors gain confidence in the asset class.
There is currently around $700bn invested in hedge funds globally, 2% to 3% of equity market capitalisation, and the
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay