US long/short managers face an uncertain future both in terms of the markets and regulatory changes proposed recently by the SEC Staff Report into hedge funds.
Managers continue to receive mixed messages from the markets and economy - almost, some say, as mixed as those coming from the industry regulator. SEC proposals to force managers with at least 14 US investors to register with them have left a cloud of uncertainty over the industry.
Nancy Curtin, chief investment officer, Fortune Asset
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden