Europe is to become a future hunting ground for many US distressed securities managers seeking opportunities across the pond, with regulation on the Continent set to boost the ranks of sub-investment grade paper.
Madison Capital's managing director Bryan Gordon told Hedge Funds Review he may yet consider expanding the universe into Europe, while Reuters reports a tripling of US players in Europe's distressed debt market over the past 18 months.
Richard Atkinson, manager of the fund of funds RMB
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants