Global macro hedge fund strategies are flavour of the month among fund of fund investors, according to speakers at the February Marhedge conference in Paris.
Two years ago many fund of funds investors at the GAIM conference in Geneva said they were not investing in global macro as the strategy was too unpredictable.
At the time, some fund of fund managers felt there were too few data points at which global macro managers' performance and skill could be gauged. In addition, the perception was
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines