Hedge fund indices are limited in their use to investors, according to Jamie Murray, head of marketing at HSBC Republic Investments.
While hedge fund indices can provide a basic picture, they face complications which make their data difficult to compare, he told the Alternative Investment Summit in London in March.
There are data collation problems faced by all hedge fund index providers. Not all hedge funds provide complete data, sometimes because they are closed or because they are suffering
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay