Talk is cheap, until you talk to a lawyer ' so runs the adage in London's Chancery Lane, and so is the moan of many a start-up hedge fund manager seeking assistance from the legal fraternity.
Lawyers will advise on fund structures, on domicile, even on regulatory issues. Want someone who has actually read CP185 in London, or is up to speed with the new regulations in Berlin? Ring your lawyer.
But if you speak with your lawyer to find the right prime broker, also dig deeper. Prime brokers are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?