Stephen Thompson has left Merrill Lynch Investment Management (MLIM) with a number of colleagues from the investment banks' UK specialist investment team, and is expected to establish his own hedge fund either inside a boutique or on his own.
Two of MLIM's senior UK analysts, Richard Milliken and Mark Wharrier, also departed. Thompson managed MLIM's UK long/short portfolio with co-manager Bevis Comer, and will be taking six months' gardening leave before setting up once more. It is expected Comer
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants