Global Asset Management (GAM) has announced the appointment of James Abate as Portfolio Manager. Abate, who will be based in New York, will manage large cap equity portfolios specialising in North American stocks employing both long and short strategies.
With the arrival of Abate, GAM will be launching an offshore long/short equity hedge fund.
Abate formerly worked for Credit Suisse Asset Management where he ran the Credit Suisse Transatlantic Fund.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines