When a market opportunity presents itself, Nathalie Savey, head of European leveraged finance at AXA IM, is keen to take advantage of it. After a flurry of product launches, the department laid fallow for a couple of years. Now Savey sees value.
“Why haven’t we launched anything since the end of 2006? The market was too hot. Assets were too expensive and highly leveraged. For us it was important to limit our growth at that point,” explains Savey.
That meant it was prudent to consolidate and wait
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia