Foreign exchange rules unique to South Africa and upcoming regulatory changes are set to unlock huge potential demand for hedge funds from European providers and promoters keen to tap the country's market.
Both retail and institutional investors in South Africa are hedge-fund savvy, and there is already a large amount of hedge fund investment, despite tight rules.
The demand is largely driven by the country's foreign exchange cap, which limits the amount of rand citizens can convert to other
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?