Chief Minister Peter Caruana, in an exclusive interview with Hedge Funds Review earlier in 2009, confirmed Gibraltar’s commitment to the hedge fund industry. “Gibraltar’s fund industry is one of the areas we have targeted for growth,” he says.
While the industry at present is focused on retail and experienced investor funds, Caruana admits there is not a “huge degree of activity” in hedge funds. However he expects this to change, particularly as more managers based in the UK are told about what
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?