Few ideas immediately radiate the thought 'hedge funds' as strongly as the launch of a portfolio from Ixis Corporate & Investment Bank in January, trading various instruments in the carbon emission rights market.
Time will tell whether the European Carbon Fund turns out to be a diamond investment, or approximates the worth of carbon's less-vaulted natural states.
The French bank has not been slow to take the initiative in either case, as the emissions market only opened for business on 1
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines