The company has been careful to grow the business in a steady and sustained manner over the years, expanding only into areas where it believes its longstanding experience can deliver value to its institutional investor base. For much of this time its funds have been closed to investment in the interests of maximising performance potential.
The main focus is on European equities but positions are also taken in other (mainly developed) markets. There is a genuine absolute return focus resulting in
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants