Interest in hedge funds is growing in Asia, according to James Hedges, president of global hedge fund advisory firm LJH Global Investments.
Invited to speak to executives at the Bank of Japan in Tokyo last month on the hedge fund industry, he said: 'Hedge funds in Asia are less leveraged, employ sophisticated risk controls and are more strategy specific. Ongoing restructuring in Japan will continue to create opportunities for hedge funds and we expect the region to experience similar growth to
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules