The regulatory changes have potentially far-reaching consequences for hedge funds and service providers. The good news for hedge funds is that Siba does not make any significant changes to the way investment funds domiciled in the jurisdiction are regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC).
The BVI FSC is at the centre of efforts to tighten and refine the regulatory framework for hedge funds and other forms of investment business in the jurisdiction.
The recently enacted Siba grants the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants