For someone who is about to face down the SEC in court, Phillip Goldstein is remarkably relaxed and affable. Other fund managers, and especially US ones, become cagey as soon as the world's most powerful regulator is mentioned - 'we can't name the fund', 'we can't talk about performance.'
Goldstein, by way of complete contrast, is prepared to take on the SEC on its 'home turf' - in court - and over the issue on which it has staked its reputation - stricter oversight of hedge funds.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?