One might expect a hedge fund manager to speak first of trading systems, of team experience or of execution performance.
Instead, at Armajaro Asset Management in London's Mayfair, chief executive officer Neill Brennan concentrated first on the firm's institutional-strength infrastructure, including a robust disaster-recovery (DR) site.
"It's institutional-strength infrastructure," Brennan says. The firm managing around $200m has a staff of 20 in investment management. Brennan concedes this can
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?