Recent studies show that hedge funds are gaining popularity in Europe at all levels of the investor market from retail to institutional. But any time the European industry feels a burst of confidence, it only has to look to the US to feel small again.
In context, there are clear signs of growth in Europe, and the market here has different things to offer from that which flourishes in the US.
According to figures from TASS Research, the number of hedge funds managed by European-based managers
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product