GAM has hired ex-ING Barings broker Lesley Lather to augment the team running its Japan portfolios, following the departure of Paul Kirkby.
Lather, like Kirkby, a former broker whose main strength is as a stockpicker, will join head of Asia Mike Bunker and Mitsuko McClure in managing Japan portfolios including GAM Japan as well as the Japan long/short hedge fund.
The funds will continue to be run in line with the GAM approach of 'growth at the right price', focusing on fundamental value at the
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB