Coming from a property family Gwyn-Jones has spent 25 years buying and selling real estate. His previous UK property venture, Gort UK, was sold in 2005 for £124 million.
Although Gwyn-Jones has been out of the British market for some time, he has now set up Blackwater to invest in prime UK property, mainly office and some selective retail. He likes coming in at the low point in the cycle, taking advantage of the current distressed yields and low prices.
"I am confident of the strategy, of the
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts