The hedge fund market remains healthy, but could see a greater emphasis towards guaranteed products in the coming months as investors become increasingly risk averse.
A survey of European fund industry trends conducted by Morningstar shows a big jump in the number of respondents who think guaranteed product launches will dominate in the next 12 months.
In May, 21% of respondents, mostly chief investment officers, strategists and fund managers at major European firms, thought guaranteed products
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules