As the financial crisis began to unfold, in a cramped and rather dingy radio studio in London, the Naked Short Club broadcast its first programme. The rather inauspicious beginning was not indicative of the programme’s future.
“We started the show in September 2008, the day after the US nationalised Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac and the crisis was just beginning to gather pace. No-one at the time really knew quite where it was going to take us,” remembers the anonymous presenter of the Naked Short
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing