It would be a grave mistake for hedge funds to dismiss the anti-capitalism protesters around the globe as a bunch of crackpots, unemployed layabouts and uneducated/uninformed hippies. This is not a movement that should be ignored. Politicians will take these people seriously because the majority are voters.
Only a few years ago it was rare to find the words ‘hedge fund’ in the financial press let alone the popular media. The financial crisis changed that. At some magical moment when hedge funds
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance