Mara Alido Spencer, managing director, ACE Fund Services
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is an attractive jurisdiction for hedge funds, according to Mara Alido Spencer (above). The legislative framework in the BVI is modern and internationally recognised. The authorities have successfully created a framework that is stringent in terms of anti-money laundering and know-your-customer requirements, she says.
The BVI offers an appropriate level of regulation for private and professional funds
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia