Other issues covered in the report include:
Funds need to consider carefully which options are best for them and are cost effective: off the shelf, bespoke or outsourced. Experts advise a mixture of all.
The financial crisis has given hedge funds a wake-up call, forcing them to examine their operational risk systems and ensure they have adequate controls in place.
A major challenge that multi-prime funds face is the lack of a single trade reporting standard. Other issues also
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?