Institutional investors in the Nordic region have some of the highest allocations to hedge funds in Europe. In 1998 the number of funds in the region totalled 10 with assets under management of EUR1 billion. Around 40% of the present Nordic funds were launched after 2002. The region's funds now use a diversity of strategies with products aimed at domestic institutional and retail investors. Around 120 funds now operating in the area.
Scandinavia's first hedge fund, the global long/short equity
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay