Having the backing of at least one strong and committed prime broker is crucial to the success of a hedge fund business. For hedge fund managers that overlooked the significance of having the right counterparties on board, the Lehman bankruptcy and its aftermath provided a sharp reminder of the importance of the prime broker relationship.
Following the panic and confusion of the financial crisis, hedge funds are investing real time and energy into prime broker selection and putting an emphasis on
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines