The world of Brazilian hedge funds is about to make a quantum leap. Brazil's authorities are expected at the end of April to allow that country's hedge funds to invest in instruments beyond Brazil's borders.
Previously, explains José Brazuna from ANBID, Brazil's Association of Investment Banks, Brazilian funds could only invest in local instruments. Brazuna notes 'multi-market' funds - Brazil's version of hedge funds - can leverage using derivatives (not by borrowing) and can short. "These
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more