It has been reported that Pequot Capital Management donated gains made when the US market reopened after the terrorist attacks on 11 September to charity.
In a letter to investors, fund manager and founder of Pequot Capital, Dan Benton, said: 'We are in the ironic position, through no fault or strategy of our own, to benefit financially should the market get hit hard when it reopens tomorrow.'
However he reassured them that Pequot, 'will look for avenues to help the families of the heroes and
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay