Global Asset Management (GAM) has launched the GAM American Focus Hedge Fund. The new hedge fund is managed by James Abate who joined GAM in January this year and is based in GAM's New York office.
Abate and his team will employ an opportunistic long/short strategy. The fund is expected to consist of a concentrated, risk-controlled portfolio normally comprising 35-50 long positions and 25-50 short positions, with an emphasis on large and mid- capitalisation stocks primarily selected from the S&P
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB