Managers in the UK long/short sector are split on what message the economic health of the UK is giving, and how they should construct their portfolio as a result.
Hubert van den Bergh, portfolio manager at Park Town Asset Management, says the UK equities market is over-valued, with a 60% correlation to the S&P, which is trading at a premium to the long-running average.
With fundamentals strong, interest rates rising, low dividend yields and personal debt and bankruptcies high, he says the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden