Hedge fund managers are pushing Luxembourg to adopt standardised approval processes for single strategy hedge funds approval to cut the time needed to set up these funds. The industry is also looking for the regulators to be more flexible with limitations such as leverage and diversification when accepting funds.
Didier Prime, partner at Price-waterhouseCoopers in Luxembourg, said the current regulatory framework making approval of single strategy funds dependent on a case-by-case basis was not
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden