Smaller fund managers are increasingly handing investors back their money only to relaunch later when markets are not so flat, according to experts at a recent Monaco conference.
Still, managers and service providers at the High Performance Investing Conference in October, said the current stock market climate will not deal a terminal blow to Europe's nascent hedge fund industry.
Sandra Manzke, co-chief executive officer of Tremont Capital, said smaller funds would be especially hard hit if there
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data