American Express has plans to expand its hedge fund range to around 12 in the medium-term, providing it can find talented managers.
The group has recently added to its existing range ' which includes US market neutral, US quantitative, European long short, European market neutral and convertible arbitrage ' with the launch of a US long/short portfolio.
The Boston Equity Fund, for example, was launched in September with $25m seed capital from Amex and $100m from a US pension fund, and recently
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines