Someone once said that a leopard never changes its spots.
Well, late last month at the Managed Funds Association annual networking conference in Miami, Florida, one of the hedge industry's most notorious managers tried to tell us that he had changed his.
Call it a revelation, call it seeing the light or maybe it was just the heat. Whatever the cause, it was quite a remarkable event. An event that will live in hedge fund lore for quite some time.
In February, John Meriwether, the former head of
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?