When looking to invest in hedge funds it is worth remembering the reasons why many managers have chosen to launch the funds in the first place. In nearly all cases it is the manager's desire to focus on what they are good at ' managing money.
There are many attractions, including the prospect of managing money free from the shackles of benchmark controls. The additional investment tools available also provide the manager with the potential to provide consistent absolute returns in most market
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?