What do you see as the key challenge facing prime brokers at the present time?
As the total asset management industry is developing towards capturing alpha, the new type of products (that is, 130/30 funds) is a challenge.
The classic prime broking services might not be the way forward in servicing these types of client.
Another debate ongoing in the hedge fund industry is the amount of beta in the hedge fund performance. As new hedge fund clones develop (hedge fund beta), the pressure on hedge
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines