If you can't beat them, join them, runs the oft-voiced adage. A growing number of the world's largest hedge funds have taken this approach to their successful Asian-based competitors, which arguably inhabit - along with Latin American portfolios - one of the two hottest geographies for hedge funds in the world at the moment.
The list of firms who have chosen to open Asian offices in the past months - whether to market and distribute funds, or to trade for them as well - is extensive, and
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE