Convertible arbitrage has been one of the most popular sectors in the year to date. The buying of convertible assets, such as convertible bonds or preferred shares and shorting the underlying share as a hedge is believed to be one of the most cyclical sectors within the hedge fund industry, according to a recent TASS Research report.
The reprot notes: "Unlike other arbitrage strategies, convertible arbitrageurs succeed in part when the spreads between the convertibles and the underlying
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines