In 1999 Roth began as a floor trader on the stock exchange in Germany and continued as a trader until 2006. He was a specialist market trader and also ran a proprietary trading book for Baader Wertpapierhandelsbank, one of the largest market makers in Germany.
As a trader he was gaining vital experience in the German market as well as trading foreign stocks listed in Germany, but since he was 17 Roth had wanted to start his own hedge fund business. In 2006 he believed it was the right time to do
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?