Prime brokers are losing out on commercial opportunities, according to a report by TCA Consulting, entitled Third Annual Investment Forum: Hedge Funds.
Accuracy and timeliness is key to prime broker services, yet the survey found that less than 20% of hedge fund respondents were satisfied with the accuracy of their reports.
The report argues that prime brokers need to collate information across a range of products to report to their hedge fund clients.
However, this means they have to deal with
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules