There is no quicker way to make lots of money than starting a hedge fund, right? Wrong.
Hedge funds may not be worth as much as you think. The evidence from the two listed hedge fund operators in London - including Man Group Plc and Rab Capital Plc - is that even though such investments are good ways to boost income, they aren't generating great returns for the managers. You might be better off going into, say, plumbing supplies, or internet poker, both of which may have better growth
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules