Richard Finlay, partner, Conyers Dill & Pearman
Finlay believes Cayman is “very fortunate to have a significant number of very talented and experienced independent directors” as well as other funds professionals. He believes the depth of talent exceeds other jurisdictions.
One challenge he sees ahead for the jurisdiction will be on the regulation front but expects Cayman to be able to maintain its credibility.
Like others he thinks the jurisdiction will be able to attract fund managers who are
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product