Family offices are increasingly looking at hedge funds as well as funds of hedge funds as a suitable investment. Since the money invested is the wealth of the family, there is bound to be keen interest in how the fund performs, as well as how the money is actually invested.
Hedge funds that tend not to be too keen to explain in detail just exactly how money is being invested (or made), may find marketing to family offices a bit tricky.
Some, like Aymeric Lechartier, Carne Global's business
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines