Gibraltar’s tactics have been to pursue slow, steady growth, taking time to build relationships with new partners. The proliferation of hedge funds and the expected continued growth of this sector of financial services could help give Gibraltar a much-needed boost in its efforts to become a mainstream EU hedge fund domicile.
Chief Minister Peter Caruana believes in being open and supportive of business without sacrificing oversight and adequate regulation.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia