Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies has launched a global risk arbitrage fund to capitalise on public company consolidations, which it believes have accelerated worldwide due to technological and regulatory changes, and globalisation.
The fund, which is available to investors for a minimum investment of $1m, opened with starting capital of $40m.
The fund's strategy is based on statistics that show an increase globally in mergers and acquisitions. According to Mergerstat and Dealogic, providers of US
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules